7.15.2008

I heart Etsy!

I thought I'd share a bit about Etsy and why I decided to use them as a resource to sell my products. I first heard about Etsy from a friend, which is what I imagine the creators of the site intended. Their official about/mission statement is:

"Etsy is an online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade.
Our mission is to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers.
Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice:
Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade."

When I was researching the options out there to open an online store, working with Etsy seemed like the obvious choice for me. It's not the sleekest or most eye catching choice, but it's all about connection, relationship, creativity and knowing who is making what you're buying and that's what was most important to me.

There are so many incredible artists and creative people on Etsy that I'd encourage you to take a couple minutes and dig through the site. You'll be amazed at what you find! You don't need to login to look around, but you do need to register to buy (which you'll definitely want to do after looking at all they have to offer.) Click here to go directly to the registration page and get ready to make some new friends and buy some great hand made things {not to mention some delicious Paper Mango treats ;) }

No comments: