7.18.2008

Tasty Treats - Mango Salsa

Not only do I love expressing my creativity through my Paper Mango designs but I LOVE getting creative in the kitchen. And it's probably no secret that one of my favorite ingredients is the delicious mango. While this sweet fruit is probably most well know for it's roll in smoothies and gelato, one of my favorite uses is in Mango Salsa. The sweet, salty and spicy flavors mix perfectly together to create a big burst of flavor. Since fresh mangoes are still readily available I thought I'd share my recipe so we can all enjoy this great summer treat!


2 large or 3 small mangoes chopped (for directions on how to peel a mango go here. I prefer mine "cubed".)
2 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
2 Tablespoons red onion finely chopped
3 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste

Put all ingredients into your favorite bowl and mix! Salsa is best if allowed to sit and chill for 24 hours, though I can never hold out that long. Serve with tortilla chips or chicken quesodillas and enjoy!

No comments: