1.26.2009

Happy Australia Day!


I had the absolute privilege of spending a few of my college years living and studying in Sydney, Australia. I fell head-over-heals in love with the city, the people, the style, the food, the pace and just about every thing except for their lack of central air conditioning. Though American by birth, my soul is Australian. If you haven't been, go. You only have 40 more years to see the Great Barrier Reef before it disappears! Since today (well yesterday, really) is the official national holiday of my adopted country I thought I'd share some great ideas to get you in the Aussie spirit today or any day you're feeling international.

Nova969.com.au - A fun radio station that streams online. Listen in the afternoon/early evening for their hilarious morning show and those adorable Aussie accents.

Tim Tam Slams
- Go to your local Cost Plus World Market and ask for a chocolate cookie called "Tim Tams". Then watch this video on how to successfully do a Tim Tam Slam. You'll get a mouth full of warm, chocolatey goodness and will not be disappointed.

Ceeb Wassermann - An amazingly creative Australian jeweler out of Sydney. I want one of every thing she makes.

No comments: