7.20.2009

Sustainability:::Brought to you by the color Brown!


As I was "shopping" for this week's Sustainability picks I realized I was being drawn to all things brown. So, welcome to the first ever color inspired version of Sustainability! Enjoy!

1. A Little Birdy - Reusable Cup Cozy
I probably should've saved this item for a cold winter day when the thought of a hot cup of coffee was appealing. However, being that it's 111 degrees outside and I'm still in love with this coffee cup cozy, I figured I should share it. This reversible and reusable cozy will keep our landfills clear of those brown cardboard things you get at the store. Sweet!

2. Infinity Art - Owl Desk Clock
I just think this little owl is too cute. I think he would fit nicely on my desk to remind me how fast the day is, yet again, flying by. The best part? He's made of 100% recycled wood and VOC free paint.

3. Orno - Pointy Teardrop Walnut Earrings
Love (LOVE!) these! Orno uses wood harvested from sustainably managed forests in the US and for every pair of earrings you buy, they plant a tree in the rainforest in Brazil. This is a win, win, win!

4. Brainscan - Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee
These beans sound divine. Organic, fair trade, single origin, light roast...yes please! I may have to crank down the A/C and brew up a pot.

No comments: