2.13.2009

The cold finally caught me

My apologies for the lack of posts this week. I've been sidelined the past few days with an annoying head/sinus cold that just won't leave me alone! While I was on the couch watching an HGTV marathon and popping Zicam I came up with this quick Chicken Noodle Soup recipe that I'm sure has fast tracked my road to recovery. Whip up a big batch this weekend and pack it for lunch next week. The leftovers are better than the first time around!

Quick Chicken Noodle Soup

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in your favorite italian seasoned marinade
4 cups chicken broth (I really cheated and used bullion)
2 medium carrots diced
3/4 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup frozen green beans
1/2 cup large sized egg noodles
1t fresh ground black pepper
1/2t garlic powder

1. Grill the chicken until thoroughly cooked. (I let my husband do this step!)
2. While chicken is grilling, add chicken broth, carrots, black pepper and garlic powder to a large stock pot. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 7 minutes.
3. Add peas and green beans and continue simmering for 3 minutes.
4. Add egg noodles and cook to directions on package.
5. Shred cooked chicken breast and add to the pot.

Give everything a good stir and serve with warm crusty bread!

I admit I already had the chicken marinating, which is what made this recipe so quick and easy. You could probably substitute a roasted chicken that you can pick up from your local grocery store for added convenience.

No comments: